Friday 6 February 2015

Framing


I have used a lifetime of acquired skills in mainstream corporate communication combined with my insight in to what it is to have a learning disability as I am dyslexic to make a difference for people with learning disabilities.

I converted a 43 page legal tenancy agreement for supported living tenants in to an accessible see and hear format, the visual language was developed with continuous input from people with LD. I am now using this work as a basis for new tools to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities.

Having had unanimous positive feedback from both Clinical and academic people including professors of learning disabilities and the LD nursing community I want to bring the suicide prevention tools for people with LD into daily use by the NHS.

There are many advocates and endorsements for my work in this field I now want to form a group of academics and medical people to support the project and take it to the decision commissioners in the NHS so people with learning disabilities can benefit from this piece of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment